Updated December, 9, 2020
· Through the software applications made available by us for the use on or through computers and mobile devices (collectively "apps”),
· When you visit or stay as a guest at one of our properties, or through other offline interactions
· When you visit or stay as a guest at one of our partners’ properties when reserving through us via our websites, apps, social media pages, or offline interactions.
Collection of Personal Data
"Personal Data” are data that identify you as an individual or relate to an identifiable individual. We collect Personal Data in accordance with law, such as:
· Postal address
· Telephone number
· Email address
· Debit and credit card numbers or other payment data
· Language preference
· Date of birth
· Nationality, passport, visa, or other government-issued identification data
· Important dates, such as birthdays, anniversaries, and special occasions
· Loyalty program data (including co-branded payment cards and travel partner program affiliations)
· Travel itinerary, tour group, or activity data
· Prior guest stays or interactions, goods and services purchased, special service requests, and amenity requests
· Geolocation information
· Social media account ID, profile photo and other data publicly available
· Social media data made available by linking your social media account with loyalty accounts
· Data about family members, such as names and ages of spouse and children
· Personal preferences, such as interests, activities, hobbies, services and amenities that you provide us or which we learn about during your stay
How We Collect Personal Data
We collect personal data from:
· Online services when you make a reservation, purchase goods or services from our websites or apps, communicate with us, connect with us or post to social media pages, sign up for a newsletter or participate in a survey, or sign up for a contest or promotional offer.
· Property visits and offline interactions when you visit our properties or use on-property services and outlets, such as restaurants, concierge services, health clubs, child care services, and spas. We also collect personal data when you attend promotional events that are hosted by us or that we participate in, or when you provide your personal data to facilitate an event.
· Customer care centers when you communicate with us over the phone, via email, fax, online chat services or when you contact customer services. These communications may be recorded for quality assurance.
· Strategic business partners that we partner with to provide you goods, services, or offers based on your experience at our properties that we believe will be of interest to you. Strategic business partners are independent from Condo-World.
· Physical and mobile location-based services if you download our app or choose to participate in certain programs. We may collect precise physical locations of your device through use of satellite, cell phone tower, Wi-Fi, or other technologies. We will collect this data if you choose to opt in through the app or other program to receive the special offers and enable location-specific capabilities on your mobile device.
· Other sources such as public databases, joint marketing partners and other third parties.
Collection of Other Data
"Other Data” is used to specify data that is not personally identifiable. Examples of other data include:
· Browser & device data
· Website & App usage data
· Data collected through cookies, pixel tags, and other technologies
· Demographic data and other data provided by you
· Aggregated data
How We Collect Other Data
We collect other data from:
· Your browser or device automatically such as your MAC address, operating system, screen resolution, device manufacturer and model, language, internet browser type and version, and the name and version of online services such as the apps you are using.
· Your use of the apps when you download and use an app, such as app usage date, the date and time of the app on your device accesses our servers, and what data and files have been downloaded to the app based on your device number.
· Cookies, which are piece of data stored directly on the computer or device that you are using. Cookies allow us to collect data such as browser type, time spent on the online services, pages visited, referring URL, language preferences, and other aggregated traffic data. We use the data for security purposes, to facilitate navigation, to display data more effectively, to collect statistical data, to personalize your experience while using our online services. The cookie data is also used to recognize your computer and assist your use of the online services, and to continually improve design and functionality. Additionally, cookies allow us to select which advertisements and/or offers to display to you while using our online services or send marketing emails.
· Pixel tags and other similar technologies which are used with some online services to track the actions of users of the online services, measure the success of our marketing campaigns, and compile statistics about the usage of online services, among other things.
· Your IP Address which is a number automatically assigned to the computer that you are using by your Internet Service Provider. An IP address is identified and logged automatically in our server log files when a user accesses the online services, along with the time of the visit and the pages that were visited. We use IP addresses to calculate usage levels, diagnose server problems and administer online services. Your approximate location can also be derived from your IP address.
· Aggregated data, which will not personally identify you or any other user.
Use of Personal Data & Other Data
We use sensitive billing information such as cardholder name, credit card number, and expiration date, for the purposes of completing the reservations. We use other information about you for the following general purposes:
· To communicate with you in general
· To respond to your questions and comments
· To measure interest in our products and services
· To notify you about special offers and products or services that may be of interest to you
· To customize your experience with our online services
· To reward you as part of our loyalty program you choose to join
· To solicit information from you including through surveys
· To resolve disputes or troubleshoot problems
· To collect fees
Regarding email communication, we want to make it easy for you to take advantage of opportunities through our online services. One way we do this is via email messages that contain information about your travel-related interests. These email messages are sent in order to provide you with useful information about travel-related special offers available through our online services. You will have the opportunity to opt out of receiving these email messages in every email we send.
Disclosure of Personal Data & Other Data
Condo-World may share your personal and other data with the following entities:
· Third-party vendors who provide services on our behalf including credit card processing, business analytics, customer service, marketing, distribution of surveys or sweepstakes, and fraud prevention. We may also authorize third-party vendors to collect information on our behalf including information necessary to operate features of our website or to facilitate the delivery of online advertising tailored to your interests. Third-party vendors have access to and may collect information only as needed to perform their functions and are not permitted to share or use the information for any other purpose. They are required to follow the same data security practices that we adhere to.
· Strategic business partners with whom we may jointly offer products or services, or whose products or services are offered on our website, including travel insurance, maid services, and attraction tickets. If you choose to access these optional services, we may share information about you, including your personal data and other data, with those partners. We do not control the privacy practices of our strategic business partners, therefore, we encourage you to familiarize yourself with their privacy practices.
· If you were referred to us from another website, we may share some information about you with that referring website. We have not placed limitations on the referring websites use of your personal data and other data, therefore, we encourage you to familiarize yourself with the privacy practices of any website referring you to us.
Other Uses & Disclosures
We will use and disclose personal data as we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) to comply with applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including authorities outside your country of residence and to meet national security or law enforcement requirements; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations; (f) to protect the rights, privacy, safety or property of Condo-World, you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
We may use and disclose other data for any purpose, except where we are not allowed to under applicable law. In some instances, we may combine other data with personal data (such as combining your name with your location). If we do, we will treat the combined data as personal data as long as it is combined.
Third Party Advertisers
We may use third-party advertising companies to serve advertisements regarding goods and services that may interest you when you access and use the online services, other websites or online services. To serve such advertisements, these companies place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser (including through use of pixel tags).
We seek to use reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures to protect personal data. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of your account has been compromised), please immediately notify us in accordance with the "Contacting Us” section, below.
How You Can Access, Change, or Suppress Your Personal Data
If you would like to review, correct, update, suppress, restrict or delete personal data that you have previously provided to us, or if you would like to receive an electronic copy of your personal data for purposes of transmitting it to another company (to the extent this right to data portability is provided to you by law), you can contact us at email@example.com, or by mail:
Condo-World Data Controller
311 17th Avenue South
North Myrtle Beach, SC, 29582
United States of America
In your request, please make clear what personal data you would like to have changed, whether you would like to have your personal data suppressed from our database, or other limitations you would like to put on our use of your personal data. For your protection, we only fulfill requests for the personal data associated with the particular email address that you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before fulfilling your request. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable.
Please note that we often need to retain certain data for recordkeeping purposes and/or to complete any transactions that you began prior to requesting a change or deletion (e.g., when you make a purchase or reservation, or enter a promotion, you may not be able to change or delete the personal data provided until after the completion of such purchase, reservation, or promotion). There may also be residual data that will remain within our databases and other records, which will not be removed. In addition, there may be certain data that we may not allow you to review for legal, security or other reasons.
The criteria used to determine our retention periods include:
· The length of time we have an ongoing relationship with you and provide the Services to you (for example, for as long as you have an account with us or keep using the Services)
· Whether there is a legal obligation to which we are subject (for example, certain laws require us to keep records of your transactions for a certain period of time before we can delete them)
· Whether retention is advisable considering our legal position (such as, for statutes of limitations, litigation or regulatory investigations)
The term "sensitive data" refers to information related to your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, sex life, or sexual orientation, genetic information, criminal background, and any biometric data used for the purpose of unique identification. In some jurisdictions, mobile phone numbers, location data, and information contained on identity documents also are considered sensitive information.
We do not generally collect sensitive information unless it is volunteered by you or unless we are required to do so pursuant to applicable laws or regulations. We may use health data provided by you to serve you better and meet your particular needs (for example, the provision of disability access).
Use of Services By Minors
This is a general audience website and does not offer services directed to children. Should a child whom we know to be under 13 send personal information to us, we will use that information only to respond directly to that child to inform him or her that we must have parental consent before receiving his or her personal information.
Visitors From Outside The United States
Updates To This Privacy Statement
Condo-World makes every effort to insure that the information provided on our website is correct. However, the possibility of errors and/or omissions exists, and we reserve the right to correct such errors.